Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The beginnings of a baby room

Ok folks...it is time to put your game face on!! (Seriously, this is something that Clint says all the time.  Ha!)  Many of you, if you know us, know that our family tends to be huge procrastinators. We tend to work well under pressure....most of the time.  Well, we are starting to feel the pressure around here.  Baby Thad will be here really soon and we haven't really done anything yet!!  With Raleigh's room I think we had it painted and assembled months in advance.  Maybe it is because this is the second child that we are not as worried???  I think I am going to blame it on the fact that it took us 4 ultrasounds to figure out for sure what he was.  All that to say, we have used the guest bedroom as a junk room/storage room since we moved into this house, so we had a lot of work to do.  We had to clean out the garage to make space for some of the items that were in the guest bedroom, and I had to organize all of my school stuff and get it out of that room.  After we tackled that, we have begun to paint.  First step, Kilz the nasty green walls.  Clint thought it would be a great "craft" for Raleigh to help him paint while I went through all of the goodies that we got at a recent shower.  Oh my, the fun she had!!!  So much fun that less than 30 minutes later  Clint was calling me in to help rescue him from the paint monster!!  Two baths and lots of shampoo later, I was able to get out most of the paint that was in her hair and covering her body!!  This weekend we will hopefully finish the paint job and keep most of it out of our hair this time....game faces on everybody!!!

Check out that look of determination!!!  I know her hair is crazy, but it is out of control when she wakes up from her nap most days!!


 Such a good helper wearing her purple homemade paint smock.


So busy working on her "craft."

1 comment:

rsctt said...

wonderful family time