Monday, September 29, 2008
I am sure that you have probably heard, and most of you know, but we are officially expecting!!! Around February 24th, our lives should change drastically. We are so excited!!!! On Tuesday I will be 19 weeks along. On Wednesday, we find out if it is a boy or a girl. I have thought from the beginning that it is a girl, but Clint (and our doctor ) think that it is a boy. Things so far look great....the baby is healthy, I am healthy, I only wish that I could stop throwing up. It has been quite funny all of the crazy places that I have thrown up, but to get the end result, it is totally worth it!! Let us know what you think it is...or whose side you are on....
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Ok, I know that it is really almost October, but there is no way that I can not catch you up on what has happened since May. I know that you are all probably saying, "Thank you so much...we are so tired of looking at your stupid flower bed." This summer we were only home a total of 14 days, it was a chaotic ball of fun. Brace yourself, there are a lot of pictures. So here it goes:
- We left 2 days after school left out and went to Florida for high school camp. If I had to sum it up in one word....AMAZING!!!! The Lord did not only change my life, but the lives of so many high school kids. It truly was unbelievable. We were on the beach in our own secluded spot and had a blast. I can not wait to go back next year.
- We went on vacation with my family to Leakey. It is a blast! No one's cell phone works, so we played dominoes, floated the river, ate a ton, and scrapbooked. I love spending mass amounts of undistracted time with my family.
- At the end of June, beginning of July we went to Junior High Camp(2 weeks). Also awesome, but a totally different experience than high school camp (maybe it is dealing with jhigh kids). I also wasn't feeling very well that week ( I will tell you more about that later). Next year, I have decided that I am going to hang out with the pastors' wives, unless somebody pays me to lead a small group.
- We came home for a couple of days and then left for Florida (the second time) for Student Leadership University 101. We took about 90 potential leaders that met with other leaders around the country for a week long conference. We also believe that if they learn about leadership, they should put it into practice. After the conference, the kids worked really hard at Give Kids the World (they partner with the Wish foundation for terminally ill children). I only got to see a little bit of the mission trip because I was really sick (I even had to go to the hospital on the charter bus...thanks again Rachel), but what I did see was an experience that will still bring tears to my eyes today.
- We came back from SLU, and left that next weekend for Vegas to see Clint's parents. We love going to see Clint's family whenever we can. It is such a relaxing time... and they spoil us like crazy. You should see Clint on the lake, he is so happy, it makes me want to buy a boat (it is not in the budget, and not happening anytime soon). I have to mention that my suitcase did get stolen from the airport, which was a huge letdown, but we had a great time. We came back from Vegas and had our big week-long King of the Beach event at the church. We had a week off and the next week Lauren started school. Whew!!! So crazy busy, but so much fun.