Monday, September 19, 2011

Thad's Room

It is official folks!!!  We are done with Thad's room.  Clint says that he will never do this again (which is usually what he says after we finish one of my projects).  I love it!!  We still have a few finishing touches, but I personally think it looks "manly" enough without having to be a UFC cage (yes, that was what Clint wanted to do originally).  I have to admit it was pretty tough having to change my mindset from all things sparkly and ruffly to the rough and tough boy world.


 After we measured everything out, we decided to hand paint all of the diamonds instead of tape them all and try to get a clean edge.  Clint did the white and I did the blue...he looks really happy doesn't he? Ha!!


 Here is a picture of the wall complete!!  We used white bedding with a blue stripe that I attached.  Raleigh has been reading all of his books and playing with his toys lately.


 Here is another angle...there was really no way to hide the camera monitor.


 A different angle...I painted his name on little canvases in a "manly" print


 Some of his decorations on a bookshelf...I forgot to take a picture of that.  The cubed shelf has black boxes on it for storage.









No comments: