Saturday, October 06, 2007

We Work Hard For the Money

New town, New house, New jobs. When we moved to the Woodlands, we moved knowing what Clint's job looked like. Within two weeks; we had sold our house, found a new house and apartment, and found me a job. We were just thankful that I had found a teaching job a week and a half before school started. Here we sit in October...Clint is absolutely in love with his job, and I am wondering why the Lord has put me in this particular school and classroom. I know all of the Biblical reasons of why the Lord operates within His will and not ours in my head but, it is difficult to communicate that to my heart and emotions. To explain it quickly, I have a classroom full of children with lots of needs. From the autistic child who can barely communicate to the mentally retarded child who is in a regular ed classroom because she can tie her own shoes to the child who proclaimed he is involved in a gang at the age of 9, but is being abused. All of those eyes (plus others) look at me with needs that I know that only the Lord can meet. Kids like this can rock your world (in a good and bad way). Believe me, I am not asking for a pity party, but if you think of me, I would covet your prayers. On to something more positive... Clint's job is such a blessing and we are extremely thankful to be a part of a community of believers (the student ministry staff) at Fellowship of the Woodlands. To check out what is going on in Clint's world, the website for the student ministry is www.thestudentministry.com

No comments: