Friday, December 16, 2011

Baby Jesus and Mary

For the Christmas play at our church, Thad was baby Jesus.  I was a little nervous about him playing that role, because kids are sooo unpredictable and I didn't want him to be known as "the fit throwing" baby Jesus.  It was a SUPER BUSY weekend.  I think I filled up my car twice just going back and forth...crazy!!  Thad did an awesome job!  He only cried one time...he grabbed Mary's hair and then got his hand stuck to her hair, but other than that, many people didn't even know that he was a real baby.  Clint was also one of the main characters and did a fabulous job...Raleigh kept calling him Cowboy dad.
 Raleigh and her "cowboy daddy" after one of the shows.  It was so hard for me to look at Clint with eyeliner on! Ha!

This is what Thad looked like after most of the shows...tired.  I feel terrible about not getting a picture with him and his "parents," but I was so focused on making sure he was happy that I totally forgot.


Big Sister  was not happy that she was not asked to be in the play with all of the High School girls.  Honestly, she was down right offended...so dramatic!!  The whole week before the play and the weekend of the play Raleigh made it her goal to be in the play just like her dad and brother.  She would wake up everyday with a new plan of how to be in the play.  Our conversations in the morning would go a little bit like this, "Mom guess what?"  "I am so excited about getting to be a Shepard today in the play!!!"  "Isn't that wonderful?!"  Oh, that sweet little girl of mine.  We would get to the play and she would find out she had to go to the nursery again...and again was highly offended.  Her time finally came when she got her chance to shine.  The last day before Christmas break at her CLC class, they did a little presentation and Raleigh got to be Mary.  She did fantastic!!  Thad was also baby Jesus again at the nativity scene at CLC for all of the parents as they came in.  He did amazing (he was a pro at it by then)!  It has been so fun to have Mary and baby Jesus at our house this Christmas!!

 Here is Thad as  baby Jesus...pretty precious if you ask me!!  I felt bad for Mary and Joseph, parents kept asking them personal questions about baby Jesus...sorry guys.


Here is our precious little Mary.  Somehow baby Jesus was replaced by Raleigh's pig, I have to believe that Mary had a little bit to do with that. Ha!

Here is the first part of their program.


Here is the second part of the program.

No comments: