Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mamma didn't raise no spelling bee champ!

I am a product of the spell check generation. Call me crazy, but there is something inside of me that makes my palms begin to sweat when I think about spelling bees. Then spell check was invented! Whoever invented that definitely needs to have a cookie bouquet sent to them. Lately I have been feeling pretty confident in my spelling, (maybe it is the teacher in me) until my friend Jessica called me the other day. She asked me, "How do you spell the word cabinet?" I immediately reverted back to elementary spelling bee days. Palms sweating I answered, " Cabinet. C-A-B-N-E-T." "She sweetly replied,"I think there is an I in there." Pine trees! My confidence had caught up with me. I hadn't been spell checking all of my posts and I had spelled the word cabinet wrong several times! Check it out. I left it in the posts so you could laugh with me. Thank goodness I teach science and math.

No comments: