Monday, February 13, 2012

He gives and takes away



You hear the saying, "He gives and takes away,"  a lot as a Christian.  I think it is really hard to understand the true meaning of that statement when we look at the sovereignty of God.  We have really tried to focus on the end part of that statement, "my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name."  I get that we will not always understand God's will, but we are learning how we respond to His will is what seems to be the hardest sometimes.  It is still a little surreal to think that Gran Gran is gone.  Only six weeks after Christmas, things dramatically changed.  I am so thankful for him and the legacy that he left with my husband and our family.  I am thankful that Gran Gran immersed Clint with hymns as a young boy, that still hold a special place in his heart so much that he sings them over our kids.  I am thankful that Gran Gran not only taught Clint about the Lord, but also did the fun things like teaching him how to ride a horse, watching wrestling on t.v (even though it was totally not allowed by his parents), and showing Clint how to, "punch it," aka drive real fast in his sports car.   There is one thing I loved about Gran Gran...his ability to love hard.  He not often spoke of the love he had for you, but showed it.  Once he allowed you in his heart, you were there surrounded with unconditional love. You were then his to nurture, guide, and provide for.  That I will never forget.  There are so many memories we have for him and we could go on for days. Thank you Lord for giving us Gran Gran, our heart's are choosing to bless you because even though he isn't with us anymore, He is with you, which is a blessing.

No comments: