Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo






On Raleigh's birthday, we wanted to do something to celebrate on her special day.  We had already been to the aquarium, so we decided to go to the zoo.  She had just started making lots of animal noises and recognizing them (besides pigs), so we were off to see the animals!  That day I woke up not feeling so great, but was determined to get to the zoo and have a great time.  We had a fabulous time seeing all of the animals. Raleigh LOVED the elephants...she watched them with awe.  She also was excited to see the cheetahs.  She actually said when the cheetah walked by her version of the word cheetos, which is "cheet."  Funny!  Promise we don't give her cheetos all the time, but when we do she is a happy camper.  As the day progressed, I still wasn't feeling good.  Clint decided to take Raleigh to the monkey house and I was going to sit and rest on the benches for a while.  That's when it hit me.  I have no idea what the "it" was, but before I knew it I was throwing up in the bushes in front of everyone.  That's right.  The last time I had thrown up in public like that was when I was pregnant....which made me panic (don't freak out, I AM NOT PREGNANT!!).  Shortly after the embarrassing incident, we made our way to the exit of the zoo.  Overall is was quite the memorable day.



Raleigh ready to see the animals!



RaRa and daddy looking at all the pretty fish (one of Raleigh's favorite words to say).



Looking very close at the Cheetah


RaRa and daddy checking out more animals...so cute!




















No comments: