Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The 120 dollar mistake

We did something very stupid last week.  Let me change that, I did something very stupid last week.  Raleigh was getting a little bit fussy, so we decided to go for a walk.  It is quite the preparation to get everything ready. You need to make sure that you have the following: jogging stroller, stroller toys, blanket  just in case it gets cold, garage door opener, Titus, cell phones, Titus' leash, Raleigh, and of course the most important thing....KEYS!!  Normally, the OCD person that I am, has 20 different ways to get into our house and stashes of keys in different places for the "just in case" moments. Well, I locked the keys in the house...mistake #1.  I locked the keys in the house before we had put the cell phones in the stroller...mistake#2.  Because we have just recently moved into this house (and I am trying to be more relaxed about things) we haven't organized the garage.  So when we went to get all of the hidden keys, they belonged to our old house!...mistake #3.  We ended up going next door and spending some quality time with our neighbor while we waited for a locksmith.  She is awesome...even down to her false eyelashes!  It took the locksmith about 15 seconds to get into our house.  The whole time he told Clint how many different ways he could break into our house and how no one would know (thank goodness for the alarm!).  Then he asked for 120 dollars in cash and suggested we keep a spare key somewhere in our garage!  Are you kidding me?!?  On the bright side, we got to really visit with our neighbors, but sadly it cost us money to do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey - if it makes you feel any better - Danny locked me out of the house while I was walking our dog a few weeks ago (he left while I was downstairs for 5 minutes). I came back to a locked door and of course didn't have my cell phone on me. It took meeting three new neighbors (all weird, middle-aged men) and asking to use their cell phones before I finally tracked down Danny to come home! It happens to everyone. Raleigh couldn't be ANY cuter!